Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

78 Wiring Diagram / Ford Service Manual

28K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Dukkie 
#1 ·
I bought the 5 volume 78 ford service manuals in pdf form from Dave Graham Auto Literature a Ford Licensed product, and I cannot find a wiring diagram for a 78 bronco anywhere in volume 3 or 4, Body-Electrical. Can someone shed some light on where to find a wiring diagram for a 78 bronco in the factory literature? I thought it would be in the Ford service manual for sure. Am I missing something?

Mike

#2 ·
There is a seperate manual for the wiring and vucumm (A/C & heater) diagrams. I have one I bought off E-Bay, never seen anothet one like it.

#4 ·
can someone not scan this in and make a sticky of it?

#12 ·
the dealers around here all say their systems only go ack to 1980 and cant look stuff up like pictures, diagrams, parts im trying to find heater blower motor wiring

#7 ·
I got one from Helms a few weeks ago. It's on big 11x17 paper and was about $20 shipped? Worth every penny. I was going to take it to Kinkos and scan it to a pdf so I have a copy that can be printed again if something happens to the original I got. Wish I could find something similar for the engine vacuum lines. I have been searching for a Ford EVTM for a 78 Bronco. Anyone have a lead where to buy one?

#9 ·
No, that is just the electrical diagram. That is the same thing I got from helms. I am looking for the 1978 Ford truck and Bronco Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual. It is a seperate publincation and it has the vacuum routing for the engine. I have seen them on ebay a lot but for other vehicles, econoline van, fiesta, T-bird etc..

#10 ·
78broncxlt's supermotors page has some vac diagrams, but not sure about the wiring diagrams.
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/17695
The haynes manuals for Ford pick up and broco '73-'79 has wiring diagrams.
I don't have a scanner here, sorry. surely someone has posted them out there somewhere. If you have a simple question, I could take a look, or you might try the local auto parts store haynes manuals if they are not in plastic wrap (and your fingers are nice and clean)
Edit:
just did and advanced search limited to the '78 '79 and found these:
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144635&highlight=wiring+diagrams

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131183&highlight=wiring+diagrams

#15 ·
From your other post; I think you mentioned the blower motor's resistor... inspect the R; they often burn up..ck connector too

for the R;
http://www.blueovaltruckparts.com/p-4920-heater-resistor.aspx

Part # :BC-0289
Truck model :Bronco
Shipping :3-5 Days Delivery Regular Price :$26.39 Sale Price :$22.95 You Save :$3.44

Or NAPA; they stock Echlin brand for about the same price
http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Results.aspx?Ntt=resistor&Ntk=Keyword&Nty=1&N=0

------

For the Switch; this is from da Ford Motorcraft Catalog;

YH2 Blower Switch
SWITCHES - BLOWER SWITCH - FACTORY INSTALL - PRIOR TO SERIAL CA0, 001 1
-----------
YH264 Blower Switch
SWITCHES - BLOWER SWITCH - FACTORY INSTALL - w/o AUX AC & HEATER-FROM SERIAL CA0,001-OE# E0VH-19A642AA 1
-------------
YH442 Blower Switch
SWITCHES - BLOWER SWITCH - FACTORY INSTALL - w/o AUX AC & HEATER-FROM SERIAL CA0,001-OE# E8TH-19A642AA

Same..NAPA has em too---

#16 ·
thats not the resistor i have

#19 ·
#20 · (Edited)
ok, that NAPA search engine is really goofy; I got over 15 pages of hits on it with a search for 78 bronco... blower motor resistor yesterday using the Link I posted...now I tried that Link again just now and got the "We're sorry, but no matching products were found for "78 bronco blower motor resistor"."///!

Then I used an old part number to get to it again now using Google.. ECHLIN BR93
that is an ECHLIN pn by NAPA
it has a diff male blade config tho;

Page 1

Blower Motor Resistor
Product Line: Echlin Ignition ECH BR286

Blower Motor Resistor
Product Line: Echlin Ignition ECH BR193

Image Not Available

Blower Motor Resistor
Product Line: Echlin Ignition ECH BR464

Blower Motor Resistor
Product Line: Echlin Ignition ECH BR159

Blower Motor Resistor
Product Line: Echlin Ignition ECH BR80

Blower Motor Resistor
Product Line: Echlin Ignition ECH BR89

Blower Motor Resistor
Product Line: Echlin Ignition ECH BR338

Blower Motor Resistor
Product Line: Echlin Ignition ECH BR371

Blower Motor Resistor
Product Line: Echlin Ignition ECH BR259

Blower Motor Resistor
Product Line: Echlin Ignition ECH BR328

1 2 3 4 5 Next>

Why not take it to a local NAPA, Advance Auto..etc and have em match it up?

#21 ·
Thanks for all the help but cancel the search close thread or whatever
i just picked one up from a junkyard 78 f150 for $5 bucks and it works. i have full control over blower motor speed using the factory switch the next job is vacuum to make all the flipper doors work

additionally WOW!! FSB has spell check embedded into the forums i typed "vacuum" with cc instead of uu and it gave the red underline, that is awesome!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.