Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Pete's 86 Bronco D60 swap

47K views 152 replies 35 participants last post by  BigPetesBronco 
#1 ·
Picked up my donor rig today.

Truck's almost ready to go.

Not much tech right now, but the F350 has all new joints brakes and some other parts.

See less See more
#37 ·
what i was refering to is the rear spring hangers are outboard of the frame correct. the front spring hangers are directly under the front of the frame so how can they be parallel? unless of course the frame is narrower where the rear spring hangers are bolted up compared to the front frame horns.

#46 ·
Yes, if you look at the frame rails, they flare out a little at the front horns.

Got it sitting on it's own weight yet? would love to see how well the kit centers the axle.

#50 ·
You can get them locally at Napa and Autozone. Poly bushings for leaf springs are nothing terribly special. Just make sure that you get ones the correct width and diameter for your springs.

#52 ·
Pulled the bolts out of the front as well as the pan hard bar and the sway bar. I wish I was talented enough to post pictures on here from an iPhone but I'm not haha. The truck got taken away for 250$ today.

I'm waiting for my dad to come back so I can go to auto zone and get some bushings. I just beat 2 of the bolts out but I rotated the sleeve in the other 2.

People made it seem harder than it actually was. I drilled a ton of holes around the center sleeve in the bushing, then pushed/smacked out the center price. Then I sawzalled the bushing in half and it came out by hand.

#56 ·

Something like that. I have tube for spacers between the frame rails too. Its not done being welded yet, and theres a ton of slag from the plasma cutter.

Gotta cut off the excess material.

TTB out.

EDIT: Also figured out my driveshaft situation. The D60 accepts a 1330 U joint on the yoke for some reason, but the drive shaft yoke takes a 1350. Weird. I'm not too sure about the rear end as I haven't messed with it yet. Figure that out later.

#57 ·
Got a lot done.

Coil buckets out.

Hanger and junk on kind of.

Solid Axle Swapped like a champ. Still needs to bolt everything together, mount the shocks, and finish bracing the frame.

Doing the rear end very soon.

Threw up a fender just to see.

We've got a problem tho.

I was thinking of moving my front hanger back a half an inch, then rotate it back somewhat to give me about a 45 degree shackle angle.

Thoughts?

#59 ·
Hey man. You could either move the front shackle backwards half an inch or so OR move the rear hanger forward an inch or so. Either way get that angle around 40-45 :rockon . On a side note. Did you just bend the sky manufacturing sides in a slight bit to get them to be the width of the bronco frame?? I am either going to go Sky or make my ow hanger not 100% sure yet!

#63 ·
The sides on the hanger were already bent in about an inch for the F350 frame. I boxed the frame. There's a few pictures a couple of
Posts ago.

The sky kits a bit expensive but it's worth it. I don't really trust me abilities to build something like that since if it comes apart it'll probably wreck the truck and/or then kill me haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.