Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

95 sas

10K views 46 replies 11 participants last post by  baron 
#1 ·
hi,
a couple months ago i got a really good deal at a local shop for a d44 and to install it. i brought it in 2 weeks ago they stared 1 week ago and the sas was done 3 days ago. i dont really have any progress pictures but i have before and after pictures. just wondering what you guys think about it.
thanks

before

in the shop

ttb off

half way

finished

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
That and I don't care fore the radius arm brackets just welded to the frame like they are, they should have been bolted up the side of the frame. Maybe even some misalignment spacers at the bracket would be nice too. The bump steer from that short of a track bar is going to be nuts. They should be at the same angle and with in a few inches in length of your drag link.

I think you hold the record for the shortest track bar ever! :rofl:

I like your bronco though :beer

#16 ·
but there are 2 abs sensors in the front and one in the back. the back one is also the speedometer sensor. since the new axle does not have the abs sensors and the abs light is not on. if he disabled the abs would that affect the speedometer?
thanks

#20 ·
He also has a rear pinion angle problem, they took out the factory wedge when they installed the blocks.

Here is his thread on it.
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336906

I think he just needs to loose the shim they put in and reinstall the factory wedge.
That may also be why his spedo is jumping, since U-Joints aren't constant velocity.

Angelo, here is the problem with the track bar.

(Red is track bar, green is drag link)

Those two arcs should the same size and there centers should be parallel with each other for them to be in phase. As yours is your front axle is going to move left to right as your suspension cycles far more than your drag link, giving you bump steer.

I'm also concerned about just welding the radius arm brackets on.

#35 ·
That's right, that was actually a nice drawing Gack had because it shows that the arcs get more out of sync the more the suspension travels. So if your suspension isn't going to travel much (short, stiff coils, low travel shocks) you likely won't notice it as much.

#31 ·
he doesnt remember the brand, he swapped this axle in a f150 awhile ago, and then he upgraded it to a d60. the springs and axle are from that f150. all i know is that they are 4 in lift springs and before they were put on my truck they were red.

#32 ·
Looks like it flexes pretty good. If you measure the distance from the bump stop to the axle and then the distance from the trac bar in the center, which is more. If the bump is more, you could hit the bar if you hit a bump or curb at speed. What will hit the bar? It almost looks like the diff cover will.

If you shocks are bottoming out before hitting the bump stops, you should get spacers under the stops. They are really easy to make from 3" x 3" by 1/4" square tube.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.