Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

How To: Bypass Dash Rear Window switch.

15K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  BeastBronk 
#1 ·
Here is my way to give back to the site!

A simple write up on how to track down those rear window problems. You will need 2 strips of wire.

To remove the switch,you have to remove the cluster panel to get to the two phillip screws behind the panel that hold the switch in.

Dash harness with switch removed.

How to roll window down.

How to roll window up.

Connector pinout

If this solves Your rear window problems,you have a bad dash switch. You can either clean or replace yours.

Thanks for looking! :thumbup

See less See more
#3 ·
take the panel off and there's a small two wire connector attached to the harness in the tailgate next to the latch handle i used a wire to jump connections and taped it up

#8 ·
I've read that several times and still trying to grasp it.

The main goal right now is to get the dash switch to work.

I tested the switch terminals ohms and removed the ground to make sure it was clean.

I'm receiving power to the switch and no corrosion. The ground bolt was tight and the site shinny.

#12 ·
The serial-switched polarity-reversing circuit used for the t/g & passenger windows is more complicated than it looks, and it requires BOTH switches be installed & functional when in their OFF positions. So the lack of response when using the dash switch doesn't exclude the possibility that the fault is in the the t/g key switch, the interlock switch, or any of the wiring. You have to check virtually everything: full logic of each switch; continuity of each wire (or voltage under load); battery voltage AND ground under load at the dash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.