Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Camo Bronco

16K views 57 replies 28 participants last post by  BRONCONUT 
#1 ·
I have been trying to get this done for a while and now that I have some time off its getting done.
I didn't start taking the pics untill after I had all of the tan and green down. I have just started to lay down some brown.

I didn't want it all stacked either so I had left some of the tan still covered so when I spray some of the brown it will be going behind it. I plan to do the black the same way.

... and here is how it turned out.

I like it so I am going to keep doing the rest of it the same way.

See less See more
#10 ·
A club I have been meaning to join for a while now.:beer
Not to be a critic but the tan on your hood looks kinda like a penis head might wanna throw some brown over it soon before you hit the street's. But other than that it looks good.
The funny thing is I was joking about putting a camo pecker on there with some friends the night I started it :histerica, that was not planned though. I will be putting down some more on the hood here in a bit. I have gotten the dark brown on both sides and tonight I will be putting it on the hood and tail gate. Hoping to have some of the black laid down tonight too.:thumbup I will be posting up some more pics in a bit.

#11 ·
Ya may not want to put brown on it... Unless you want to come out of the closet.. Might want to stay away from red as well, that might get you into trouble....

Looks pretty good to me.

#15 ·
lol Shit happens!:haha
Where's the pics?:red x

I have been tossing around the idea of going with a black and grey camo on mine.I wanted green but couldn't get the paint locally.So its satin black now.
Something like this Stealth truck but the grey would be all my favorite fishing lakes.No penis shaped lakes here!lol

#23 ·
You should see it in person :goodfinge, it looks good.It actualy doesn't even look like one, its the humps on the hood and the angle of the pic.
So will you clear coat over the top of that?
I wasnt planning on it but I guess I could, the camo paint should look flat. Will clear coat make it shine? I also dont want to have to repair more paint than I would have to after taking it through the woods. BTW I have about 95% of the stuff I need to get my SAS going and I am so ready to go and break some sh!t!:toothless
Should I clear coat it?

#22 ·
I like it. I want to do one in metal flake camo just for fun. I found a place for all sorts of colors in metal flake Yes I may have a problem.

#24 ·
Flat and satin clear coats are available and are a lot less shiny then the gloss.It will help the to make your paint job last longer and look better.
I would use a spare fender or hood to test it out on first so you can be sure its the look you are after.
Your hood will be a great conversation piece for yrs to come!lolThe camo does look great.

Thanks navynuke,if I do repaint I will be in touch.:thumbup
There is ice and snow on my truck at the moment,well for another 7-8 months anyway.:cry

#28 ·
#30 ·
Got some more painting done to the bronco and I also hung the Bronco emblems back on the fenders for the first time in over a year. I am very pleased with how this is turning out, just a little more on the roof and tailgate, wet sand it a little and I will say she is finished for now. I might do a satin clear coat a little later but for now I am going to focus on my axle swap.

Just a little touch up to do here and there to.:tinfoil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.