Walmart Tires? - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Texas! w00t

Bronco Info: 1992 Eddie Bauer Bronco- SOLD
Walmart Tires?

Hate to start a thread about tires, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? I went to WalMart looking for something just a little while ago after work, and I took a quick look at their "tire & lube" department, and noticed that they were selling the "Super Sport HT" 35" tires for $124.36 (and it was 121 for 33's).
Now, I know about WalMart being this evil empire, and I've seen enough PBS shows about it, so I'm not asking about the store, just the tires. I looked online, and the only other one's that come close to the price are the Dunlop Mud Rover's @ 119 + shipping.
Here's a pic of the Walmart brand mud tires.

I'm not saying that I'm going to buy them, or that I'm basing the purchase of my next set on price alone, but these seemed pretty interesting, and I was just wondering what y'all thought.

Ivan- 1992 Eddie Bauer SOLD on 08/27/05 Now: 1994 Land Rover Discovery. Just need some MT's...
A wise man once said, "Never ask a man where he's from; if he's from Texas, he WILL tell you. If not, there's no need to embarrass him"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdbronco
florida got the shaft on hurricane juice. so serves you right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 12:27 AM

Bronco Info: 5.0HO, AOD, 1345, cut fenders, body lift, 37" MT/R's, 5.13's with a 14bolt in back and a full spool
used to have those (35's) on my truck, not a bad tire, but i wouldn't buy them again. the tread is less aggressive than an average mud terrain tire, but more so than an a/t. the problem with that, however, is that you get bad traction on ice and rain like a mud tread due to no siping. they make a little noise, but not bad, about the same as my mt/r's. they do "ok" in mud, for a mild tread, need some wheel speed to clean out. i got around 20k miles out of them, which i consider very poor for this type of tire. in short, i payed about $80 more per tire for my mt/r's and i don't feel like i got ripped off. the tread is way better in snow and ice, better in mud (the little i've done with the new tires), and they ride alot smoother. plus they look way better.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 12:30 AM
In Front of Jopes

Check where they are made first, dont buy them if they are from asia
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 12:35 AM
presently corralled

Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 5.8 warn premiums

Abes95

Quote:
Originally Posted by air-jon
i got a nice test drive of a bko with 4 wheel steering
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNY
Allright i may be late but i'm always on time.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 12:36 AM
hates EVERYTHING!

Bronco Info: Jesus loves you!!! I think you're a cocksucker!
If I could get Dunlops cheaper, I damn sure wouldn't buy those..

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Texas! w00t

Hey MikeW, I was actually hoping one of y'all woudl know where it's made, and Zach94, 20k mi.? That's it? Wow, that sucks.
I'm actually thinking of getting another set of Firestone M/T's (same that the P.O. got on my Bronco), or some BFG's, but when I saw these I thought that maybe for the price they would be kinda good, but not if they're only going to last 20k miles, and the performance is mediocre at best.
Bah, I'll keep saving my pennies. Thank's y'all.

Ivan- 1992 Eddie Bauer SOLD on 08/27/05 Now: 1994 Land Rover Discovery. Just need some MT's...
A wise man once said, "Never ask a man where he's from; if he's from Texas, he WILL tell you. If not, there's no need to embarrass him"

Quote:
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Zombie Hunter

Bronco Info: 1993 Eddie Bauer, 351, 5.8 liter V8, somebody come help me put all this junk i just bought on!!
Tires...

I stopped buying brand name tires.

When i was pricing the 31's for my Dakota, i went looking for Goodyear, Bf Goodrich and a bunch of other brand names...all close to, or over a grand.

I went to a place named North Gateway Tire in Medina, ohio and found some off brand tires (not made in asia).....can't think of the name..."tuff country" something "country" 50k miles later and i still have decent tread on them.

I heard the name of them before, made fun of the fact that they weren't name brand, then kicked myself in the ass for never buying them before.

But...Walmart? I don't know if i would buy anything from Walmart that my daughter's life greatly depends on.

Last edited by Bronco Rob; 01-27-2005 at 12:54 AM. Reason: remembered the name of the tires, kind of
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:18 AM
hates EVERYTHING!

Bronco Info: Jesus loves you!!! I think you're a cocksucker!
Most tires are made from just a couple of plants..

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:32 AM
In Front of Jopes

Those "country" something tires are good, sold by cenex, farm stores.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:38 AM
Surrounded by Assholes

Bronco Info: '84 XLT 33's 3" lift
Wild Country. They are a decent tire.

Atlantic Canada. Come for lobster. Leave with crabs.
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:40 AM
Zombie Hunter

Bronco Info: 1993 Eddie Bauer, 351, 5.8 liter V8, somebody come help me put all this junk i just bought on!!
Wild Country is it. Not as expensive as the name brands, but i am happy with them.

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 09:20 AM

I think those country tires are made by nitto. they seem to be coming on the market pretty strong now

95 Bronco
Warn Prem hubs
6" Super lift 35" Xterrains.
Its all White
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 09:36 AM

Bronco Info: D60 Fronts 4 Sale.
Quote:
Dunlop Mud Rover's @ 119 + shipping.
the mud rovers work VERY well compare to the brand name tires. may not be better, but certainly close to the performance for alot cheaper.

Zuk buggy.
CJ 6 buggy
unimog/yj thing
IH 4700 tow rig. dt466
Done anything stupid recently?
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 09:55 AM
Wrenching for a Livin'

Bronco Info: '85 Ford Bronco XLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnedB
the mud rovers work VERY well compare to the brand name tires. may not be better, but certainly close to the performance for alot cheaper.
I had a friend with some on his wrangler that did suprisingly good in the mud and had a pretty long tread life. Like 40,000-50,000 miles im guessing. I would have gotten some but they were on backorder at discount tire for 3 months So i went with the steel radial mud kings and i have been very impressed. They did just as good as a set of those dueler m/ts on a dodge ram

Josh

My SuperFord
'85 Bronco......
Welded 14 bolt, HPKingpin D60 w/ lockright, ZF5, NP205, 4.88 gears, SMPFI 393 w/ EDIS(gufx strat), Chevy 52s Front, Inboarded Chevy 63s Rear, DOM heim steering, DOM cage, Saginaw pump, 3/8" fuel system, 200amp 3G Alternator....

ASE Master Automotive Technician
ASE Master Medium/Heavy Truck Technician
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 10:05 AM

Bronco Info: 2002 Expedition 4x4, 5.4L , 315/70/17 Yokohama geolandars Home built CAI.
I had a set of mud rovers on my last truck, They sucked!!! they sucked on the road they really sucked in the mud, I never could get them to balance and they wore real quick. and rode like shiat. That was 33x12.50's.

You should look into some pro comps. Ive put over 20,000 on mine and i still have 3/4 tread left. They are awesome on the road and wet pavement is no problem either. Ice and snow i havent a clue caus i live in Florida the hurricane state!! I paid $700 out the door for 33x12.50x15s' with a warranty at the Jacksonville 4-wheel parts.

Sorry these are the only pics i have.

My Bronco and other pics

Click here to see the Bronco in action!!
If I wanted a Hummer I'd ask your sister! Barbie called, she wants her Jeep back
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 10:07 AM

Bronco Info: 2002 Expedition 4x4, 5.4L , 315/70/17 Yokohama geolandars Home built CAI.
I will take some fresh pics of them today, I checked the mileage and i have about 30,000 on them

My Bronco and other pics

Click here to see the Bronco in action!!
If I wanted a Hummer I'd ask your sister! Barbie called, she wants her Jeep back
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 10:42 AM

Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco, 400/c6/np205, dana 44/ 9"rear, 3.50 gears, 4" suspension lift with 35"x12.5"x15" tires
i been thinking of those procomp too.

what ever you do don't get goodyear rt/s tires they come from the factory with the ranger trucks not sure on what else and THEY SUCK just alittl too much gas and you go sliding all over the road on DRY payment. i am waiting for them to wear out fast but i got 25000 on them and they ain't changed one bit. i might just sabbotisze my own truck!!!

1979 Bronco
1979 Ford F-100
1979 Camaro
2003 ranger
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 10:46 AM

Bronco Info: Previously: '89 Bko XLT 351W
I ran a set of those Super Sports. They were pretty awesome in the mud, pretty decent on rain pavement, and very good on dry pavement. Did half way good in the snow, sucked major on the ice. Overall, a very good trail and off road tire. However... The composite is very soft and they wear quickly.

HTH,
Andrew

1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport
* USAR/ARNG 11B RET *
1/116 INF 29ID(L) - (My unit was 1st wave on D-Day)
Read the book "The Bedford Boys"

^^ My animated .GIF is better than yours! ^^
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Texas! w00t

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFullSize
I ran a set of those Super Sports. They were pretty awesome in the mud, pretty decent on rain pavement, and very good on dry pavement. Did half way good in the snow, sucked major on the ice. Overall, a very good trail and off road tire. However... The composite is very soft and they wear quickly.

HTH,
Andrew
Hey MyFullSize, are they true to size?

Quote:
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:36 PM

Bronco Info: Previously: '89 Bko XLT 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexBronco
Hey MyFullSize, are they true to size?
About as true as any other. I had 30's and they looked just right. I ran across some redneck (perish the thought! ) that had a K5 with 35's and they looked right, so Id have to go for yes.

HTH!

1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport
* USAR/ARNG 11B RET *
1/116 INF 29ID(L) - (My unit was 1st wave on D-Day)
Read the book "The Bedford Boys"

^^ My animated .GIF is better than yours! ^^

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > General Discussion/ Bronco and Wheeling related.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode